Thursday, May 1, 2008

I love you

Atmosphere - Don't ever f-cking question that

[I love you]
Enough to hold you to the brightest of lights,

to place you dangerously close to that sun,
enough to acknowledge the flaws you can't ignore
and recognize the cause of what's done is done,
more than enough to put my name behind my ideals,
and neglect my logic twice daily.
enough to keep me looking for my Lucy in the sky with gems,
when I remember how you used to call me baby,
enough to look in my mirror with detest
for every tear you shed regardless of why you wept,
enough to curse any man who can't appreciate the depth
of the ocean I swam till I ran out of breath.

This song confuses me big time. This song describes how I feel a little bit, but it's a bit inconsistent in my opinion. For instance: more than enough to put my name behind my ideals, and neglect my logic twice daily really appeals to me, I tend to lose my logic in relationships and just show how I feel and stuff. I have been hurt, but I loved him too much to acknowledge that he really meant things, and that he wasn't willing to change. But. Enough to keep me looking for my Lucy in the sky with gems is a sentence I really don't get. it's changed from Lucy in the sky with diamonds, from the Beatles, apparently they referred to drugs, but to me it doesn't seem like they're doing that. Something to think about for me.
Nice song though, I love how the aggression shines through so obviously in Atmosphere's songs, it makes me feel like working out.

No comments: